- Taking the first steps on the Buddhist path: refuge and ethics.
- Briefly review refuge in the Three Jewels: Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha.
- Overview of causality. Material causes, immediate causes, causes vs. conditions.
- Relationship between karma and ethics.
- The power of formally vowing to live ethically.
- Two stages of vows: freedom vows and bodhisattva vows.
- Review the ten freedom vows.
- How to track your vows with a daily journal.
Taught by Mojohito Tchudi in Chico, California on September 14th, 2017.
To subscribe to the podcast of these recordings, put this link in your favorite podcast app: http://www.mojohito.com/feed/podcast/